Children and Families Pastor (Under 5s)
St Thomas’ Church Lancaster is seeking a Children and Families Minister (Under 5s): 20 hours per week.
St Thomas’ Church is a large, vibrant, evangelical, charismatic Anglican church based in Lancaster city centre with a well -established ministry to children and families.
We are looking for someone who will:
• Co-ordinate, envision, and develop the church’s ministry to children under the age of 5 and their families,
• Work with St Thomas’ Pre-school and the Family Life Centre to help pre-school-aged children and families to experience the love of God and take appropriate steps towards Christian faith.
You will be someone with:
• An infectious personal faith in Jesus, with a commitment to the Bible as God’s word, and an openness to the Spirit.
• A passion to lead Under 5s, both with and without their families, to encounter God in fun, playful and creative ways, through prayer, worship and exploring the Bible.
• A proven track record in children’s ministry, who is a collaborative self-starter and team leader with excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
We can offer you:
• Fantastic children and families, and dynamic and supportive teams.
• Exciting opportunities to develop children and families’ ministry in new ways as we set Vision 2025 goals and prepare to move into our new £2.5 million church centre in the autumn.
• Training and leadership development opportunities with space for personal retreat.
• Salary on NJC Pay Scale 5 (Points 12-17) in the range of £22,183 - £24,491 on a 50% pro rata basis, beginning on Point 12 (£11,092 pa).
Application pack available to download here
Word versions of forms to complete online
Application Closing Date: Wednesday 22nd September, 9am
Interview Date: Wednesday morning 29th September,
Start Date: 1st November 2021, desirable
This post is subject to enhanced DBS disclosure