St Thomas’ Church Lancaster is seeking a Sung Worship Coordinator (part-time, 24 hours a week)
St Thomas’ Church is a large, vibrant, evangelical, charismatic Anglican church based in the centre of Lancaster, where over 550 people of all-ages attend every Sunday. Lancaster is an historic city with two universities and excellent schools, all within easy reach of the coast and the Lake District.
We are looking for someone who will:
· Love Jesus as a whole-life disciple, and demonstrate openness to the Spirit in personal life and public ministry.
· Lead the sung-worshipping life of our church across 3 diverse Sunday congregations, as well as midweek, with a high level of musical ability.
· Inspire, resource, and release our strong teams of skilled and dedicated volunteer musicians, providing leadership, pastoral care, and administrative support for our worship bands.
· Help St Thomas’ Church serve as a resource church to build God’s kingdom in our region, through New Wine and other networks.
You will be:
· Someone with an infectious personal faith in Jesus, with a commitment to the Bible as God’s word, and an openness to the Spirit.
· A gifted musician, who can lead the church in sung worship in a variety of styles (from traditional hymns to the latest contemporary music), so that church members are led into transformative encounters with God through worship.
· A leader of leaders, able to create an inspirational culture of sung worship, and develop and release the ministry of others.
· A collaborative self-starter and team player with excellent interpersonal, organisational, and communication skills.
We can offer you:
· Leadership opportunities in a church that values sung worship, supported by strong teams of volunteer musicians.
Application Closing Date
· A dynamic and supportive staff team, with opportunities for training and leadership development, and space for personal retreat.
· Salary on NJC Pay Scale 5 (Points 22-25) pro rata: starting salary £12,396.60 pa for 24 hours a week.
: 9am, Tuesday 21st November 2017
Sunday 3rd and Monday 4th December 2017
Early January 2018 desirable.
This post is subject to enhanced DBS disclosure.
Download a Job Pack with all the information needed to apply.
A separate an Application Form for downloading as a PDF or as a Word Document
A separate Confidential Declaration Form again as a PDF and as a Word Document